Health & Wellness 'On The Go'
Let’s get real for a minute. How many times an hour do you pick up your phone? Five, ten, twenty times? While scrolling through Instagram and Facebook are fun, or maybe you’re swiping right on Bumble (get it, girl!), you’re more than likely sitting down or lounging as you give in to your social media needs. Trust us, we’re guilty of this same thing. But, before we start to slack on our New Year’s Resolutions, let’s talk about the ways your phone can give you a happy and healthier life.
How, you might ask, would your phone be able to do this? Well, ladies and gents, all you need to know are the right apps to download. Check out our reviews on the top five health and wellness apps to keep your mind and body stimulated. And not to worry, there will still be plenty of time to check insta.
1. Blogilates: Want access to workouts you can do at home or the gym? Looking for a few healthy recipes? You have to check out this app. What we love most about it is that it offers a way to plan and track your. So, when you are feeling lazy or like you don’t want to fit your workout in, check out the motivations to keep you on track to meet your goals.
2. ClassPass: This app is great for those of us who have hectic schedules. Whether every day is different for you or you have a strict schedule, ClassPass offers you the ability to sign up for any class that participated in their program, and there are TONS! Classes range from Pilates and Yoga to Cycling and Boot Camps. What we love most is that you can use it just about anywhere! Taking a mini vacay to LA or San Diego? You can sign up for a class and not break up your fitness routine. Choose from 3, 5 or 10 classes. Plan prices vary depending on location.
3. Fooducate: Grocery shopping can be such a hassle. Let’s make it easier on ourselves! Open the app and you’ll be able to scan just about any barcode to see how healthy each item is, or isn’t. There are a lot of marketers that make certain items seem like a healthy choice when really they are high in sugar, sodium, and other ingredients you don’t want in your life. The app can also track sleep, hunger levels, mood and will give you feedback to help you meet your health and fitness goals.
4. Happify: Mental health is just as important as physical health, if not more. Happify prompts you to select a path that best meets your needs and provides options for self-reflection or getting better at handling stress. There are daily activities you can use like games to keep your mind active and also meditations and assessments to see how you are improving.
5. Sleep Cycle: There is a method to waking up feeling rejuvenated instead of groggy. This app keeps track of your sleep cycle, hence the name. It wakes you strategically in a 30-minute window before your alarm goes off, so that you awaken during your lightest sleep state. Yes, you may wake up earlier than you want, but, you’ll feel much more refreshed and ready to wake up. No need to hit the snooze!